Wednesday, August 1, 2007

7/25/2007 - Barcelona Dinner - priceless (well, just about) (Mary Jo)

After taking a nap, a long nap, the kids and I decided to go out to eat dinner. Now, just about everyone has said to avoid the restaurants on Las Ramblas, but it was pretty late, and I wanted a well-lit area to eat. We ate at a restaurant called El Choquito and the food was very good, but it ended up being pretty expensive. It was a little over 84 euros, which came out to about $115 for the three of us. We had a meat platter for two that Nick & I shared, and Kelly had prawns.

We had three waters to drink -- the waters came out to 8.25 euros which was about $11 -- I do not think I will complain about Disneyland prices again! However, we had such an enjoyable meal, that it was worth it to me. If it weren’t for the fact that it was expensive, I would recommend that restaurant to anyone. It looked like it was in a very old building (which it probably was), and the decorations were interesting. We spent a good time trying to figure them out. If money is really not an issue, I would recommend going there.

Afterwards, we walked down Las Ramblas back to our hostal (or hostel, in English). There were so many people on the streets, even this late at night, and it was fun watching everyone and hearing all the different languages. There were many students, and it reminded me of the times I lived in Spain when I was 21.

High: Enjoying dinner together

Low: Realizing that I had not packed everything I needed

No comments: