Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Pics of the First Couple of Days (Mary Jo)

We have been having a great time on our vacation, and time is going quickly. I thought I would post some pictures and then try and catch up to where we are today.

Here is a pic of Nick and Kelly at about 3:45am on Tuesday morning before we left. We arrived at 3:30 to find out that the ticket desk didn't open until 4:45, so we had a wait.

I thought that I had picked a hotel near Las Ramblas, but in reality, I picked a hostel near Las Ramblas. I was a little surprised, but figured it would be another adventure for us, and hey, we got a triple room (3 beds in a room), which is a little difficult to find. Our room is the 2nd window above the entrance. The guys who manned the desk were super nice, and downstairs in the sotano, or basement, was a common room, where we could have breakfast in the morning, and there were two computers with Internet service. This room closed at 10pm each night. The view from our room.

This is our room. Nick had the bed on the left, me on the right, and Kelly had the bed in the "entryway." I am standing inside the bathroom to take the pic. However, we DID have air conditioning and a little balcony. It was good enough for us.

More later

No comments: